- Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:56:01 -0500: In the Aftermath of a Tragedy, Hope Survives in These Young Girls - Ketaki Desai
When I first met Bibhuti, I realized within minutes that his passion for educating and mentoring girls in some of the most impoverished parts of Nepal came from something far deeper than just giving back to his home country.
- Mon, 16 Mar 2015 11:52:41 -0500: Why I Had to Leave India Alone - Ketaki Desai
When the time came for me to leave the country and fly to the United States for a graduate degree, my mother finally promised me the thing I had always wanted to hear: Go live a life where you will no longer have to face everyday struggles because you were born a woman.
- Fri, 06 Jun 2014 15:58:00 -0500: An Open Letter to Prime Minister Modi on the Issue of Women's Safety in India - Ketaki Desai
Heartiest congratulations on your recent election and historic win; a phenomenon that reaffirmed our democratic beliefs! Obviously, several things in India need to change; and if there is one person who has the courage, dedication and vision to put our country on the path to greatness, my hope is that that person is you.
- Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:42:07 -0500: As a Woman, What Determines My Self Worth? - Ketaki Desai
No matter how many times and ways we look at it, we always end up comparing the self worth of a woman with our "traditional" understanding of what it means to be a woman. But what does it mean to be a woman?
- Fri, 07 Feb 2014 18:10:40 -0500: How to Survive the Great Indian Chaos - Ketaki Desai
It is important to remember that there is a lot more to India than the craziness one experiences, if one has the desire and the patience to look for it.